Tuesday, August 5, 2008

5 years!...and a couple days


Friday was our five year anniversary. I can't believe that we have been married for five years, and together for seven! It's amazing how time will fly.

Ben had to work on Friday, and then had a soccer game that night, so we didn't do anything that night. Saturday, my sister Robyn watched Emily for us. In the early evening we saw the Batman movie. Apart from a disappointing Rachel replacement (Maggie Gyllenhaal), and a disturbing "batman voice", it was a really good movie.

After the movie, we went to Outback for some yummy cheese fries and delicious steaks. We only had to wait for 10 minutes on a Saturday night, pretty lucky. The steaks were cooked perfectly, but Ben was a little disappointed in his side choice of sweet potatoes, they tasted like pumpkin pie.

After dinner, we finished off our night out together in a most romantic way. We went to a car wash to vacuum up all the crumbs we found under Emily's carseat after we transferred her seat to my sister's car. Yuck!

Five years have flown by, and I can't think of anyone I would rather have spent them with.
I love you Ben!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary!

Vaylene & Jordan said...

yeah! were so happy for you guys. Hope everything is going good with the little one on the way.

ashley said...

Awww! Happy anniversary you guys! You are so perfect for each other.

Rashel - We absolutely need to go shopping before school starts and we're too busy. I miss Emily.

Ashleigh said...

Congrats! I can't believe how fast time flies!